Well, my answer may not be exactly what you expected but back in the
1970s, I asked that the School of Fine Arts/Studio area begin requiring
(as part of MFA requirements) that all MFA students deposit in the FA
Library a copy of
their master's thesis statement (often just several pages), vita, and all
slides or photographs used in their orals defense (or in final MFA
exhibit).  Prior to that time, this material just disappeared into
faculty offices, files, or ?  Once I established this policy, many studio
faculty immediately emptied their studios of this material and gave them
to the FA Library.  This process has been quite successful and we now
have four filing cabinets filled with this documentation.  We do keep the
files locked and monitor usage since material started disappearing when
the files were left open in our reading room.
In principle, the concept is the same as that required for doctoral or ma
students in art history.  It also seems to work.  The departmental
secretary automatically brings this material to us and this action is on
a checklist for MFA degree requirements.
BJ Irvine, Fine Arts Librarian, Indiana University