I am part of a College-wide committee looking at literacy issues. We are an
undergraduate art & design college with an emphasis on studio and practice.

I would like to hear from libraries or institutions that are using
interactive CDROMs or WEB tutorials to

a) teach library skills to patrons

b) improve literacy skills of students

c) assist students with promotion and professional development (ie. how to
write an artist's statement, an artist's biography, a review, an
introductory letter, a proposal, etc.)

I am particularly interested in CDROMS or other such programs which have
been specifically designed with the art and design student in mind --
programs which are interesting and useful.

Please forward this to people within your institution. Information can be
faxed to me at (416) 977-0235 attention: Jill Patrick

or emailed to [log in to unmask]

Many thanks.

Jill Patrick, Director of Library Services
Dorothy H. Hoover Library
Ontario College of Art & Design
100 McCaul Street
Toronto, Ontario