This message was also posted on the LIBREF-L listserv.  I apologize
for any repetition.
I am a graduate student currently studying reference sources in the
visual arts.  I am trying to discover what types of reference works
are actually being used by art librarians.  Textbooks can only teach
so much and I was hoping that librarians actually doing the job could
fill in the many gaps.
If anyone has the time to discuss this issue with me, I would be
extremely grateful.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Mary Erlewine