We have what is commonly referred to as a "two-tiered"
planning system; a regional level which has area-wide
planning functions, and local municipalities which carry-out
more detailed planning functions such as zoning.

I would like some views on the need for growth management
policy at a regional scale. and some options for a regional
growth management policy. More specifically:

Is there a need for a regional growth management policy? If
so, what is the planning rationale?

What should the planning horizon be-30 years?40years?more?

What should the planning horizons be for the local
municipalities?

Should the planning horizons of both tiers coincide?

Thanks.