I recently asked if anyone had used a CD-ROM, Corot 1796-1875 : 85 oeuvres
du Musee du Louvre : analyse scientifique, because I purchased it and it
was not displaying properly on our equipment.  I have since learned (I
think) the cause of the problem.

I was trying to view it with a VGA monitor but needed an SVGA monitor.
None of our PCs have SVGA monitors, but we have a Mac that does.  It
worked fine on the Mac.  I can't say with certainty that it would work on
a PC with SVGA monitor, since I was not able to try it, but it probably
would.

I have yet to really view the content, so I can't comment yet on that.
The Walters' conservator who requested this CD for the library will
probably use it soon, and I will get her assessment of it.

The CD was coproduced by:

Direction des musees de France, Departemnet des Affaires Internationales
and the Reunion des Musees Nationaux, conceived by the Laboratoire de
recherche des musees de France.

Elise Calvi
The Walters Art Gallery