In partial response to Christopher Quinn's query about Computers and the History
Art, I reviewed our subscription information and, after calls to IDP (the distri
I found exactly what he did--the subscription price is now a hefty $326.58 for v
6.  That is more than double the price for volume 5 (which was also hefty, I tho
at $135.00).  Although there is good information to be found between the covers
CHArt, I have cancelled that subscription--which now has joined VR-Visual Resour
a blank spot on the serials shelves.  I firmly believe that it is becoming essen
let publishers know that libraries are not to be bilked.  We will pay fair marke
for publications, but when the prices are unrealistic we must let them know that
are not indispensable.

Can we, as an organization, perhaps organize and put pressure where it is due to
encourage more realistic pricing of journals?

Beryl Smith
Art Librarian
Rutgers University Art Library