Since I was the benefiiary of expert information via the Lists last March,
which enabled me to see the Signorelli frescoes in Orvieto while they were
still in restoration, I thought I'd pass on this item from yesterday's (Sat,
Sept. 21) New York Times: John Tagliabue, "In an Umbrian Town, Paradise (and
Hell) Restored"  (p. 11 in the National Edition) 1 illus.

The frescoes in the San Brizio chapel in the cathedral, after 7 years of
restoration, will be "officially unveiled sometime in October."

Pat
Patricia Thompson
Fine Arts Library, MSU Libraries
Michigan State University
East Lansing MI 48824-1048
517-432-1874 (voice-mail #)
517-353-4593 (Fine Arts #)
[log in to unmask]   ---soon to be [log in to unmask]
FAX 517-432-1445