Just published: a new art book which combines Greek mythology with French
ceramic art and Napoleonic history, and a web page describing it.  I hope
the readers here will find it of interest.

"Napoleon, Russia, and the Olympian Gods" by Professor Albert R. Baca is
a book about the magnificently painted "Dessert Service" that Napoleon
gave as a gift to Tsar Alexander I, ruler of Russia, to mark the signing
of a treaty between their countries in 1808.  The 52 illustrations and
description of how each one captures a particular part of the mythology
creates a valuable guide to the Greek pantheon--its mysteries, its power
and its escapades. In use as a supplementary text in Greek mythology.
For anyone interested in mythology, art, ceramics and/or history.

To see illustrations of the book, please visit our web site:
<A HREF="http://www.loop.com/~variagate/olybook.htm">

Thanks.

Jules Brenner