Some of you may be interested in these web sites sent from one of our
computer wiz multi-media gurus here. Enjoy ( If there's time!)

>Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 12:18:38 +1000 (EST)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (Adam Wolter)
>Subject: Hotflash 3.40
>
>Hi Jenefer,
>
>        Thanx fer all that mail. Here's one for you. Check the reference to
>"Uzi for librarians". I havn't looked yet but if the hype is true [and when
>was it not] it may become your hotest instrument.
>
>Cheers - AWOL.
>

>>Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 14:41:48 -0700 (PDT)
>>From: HotFlash <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: HotFlash <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Hotflash 3.40
>>
>>HotFlash 3.40
>>for the week of 13 September 1996
>>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>>
>>Hello and welcome to HotFlash, the weekly newsletter of events and
>>information for HotWired and WIRED magazine.
>>

>>Wiring Minds Want to Know
>>+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
>>
>>Maybe you're sick. Maybe you're curious. Maybe you're impatient by
>>nature. If your health questions can't wait, you can get instant answers
>>on everything from acne to zinc from Dr. Weil's new database, launching
>>this Tuesday. And check out the doc's daily Q&As: head lice, reefer, and
>>more.
>>
>>     http://www.drweil.com/
>>

>>So your health is golden but you've still got questions? This week we
>>launch the research tool of research tools, Wired Source, the WIRED
>>editors' gateway to real info on the Net. Finally, an Uzi for
>>librarians.
>>
>>     http://www.wired.com/wiredsource/
>>

>>Cocktail celebrates Chile's independence day this week with the Pisco
>>Sour, a festive drink that loosens the tongue, sharpens the wit, and has
>>been known to give the birthrate a little boost.
>>
>>     http://www.cocktailtime.com/
>>

>>It's a go for the merger between Turner and Time Warner, so where will
>>Pathfinder "go"? Ned Brainard spies oddly clenched jaws.
>>
>>     http://www.packet.com/flux/
>>

>>Feeling an urge to read spreadsheets in your browser window? Neither are
>>we. Luke Knowland looks at intranet plug-ins this week and asks, "Why?"
>>There's also a peek at the new browser lines for the fall season (bright
>>colors are back!) and a truly demented demo, in Webmonkey.
>>
>>     http://www.webmonkey.com/
>>

>>In Packet, Michael Schrage says it's time to reinvent game shows for the
>>Net (we'll take the curtain) - and make someone a bundle in the bargain.
>>Check out Schrage, Andrew Leonard, Simson Garfinkel, and John
>>McChesney's HotSeat.
>>
>>     http://www.packet.com/
>>

>>Every geek child likes to play, but Boston's Computer Museum - that's a
>>little bit of heaven. Dream Jobs has tracked down an open position
>>there, along with an engineering slot at First Virtual, an art-fringe
>>experience at The Kitchen, and more.
>>
>>     http://www.dreamjobs.com/
>>

>>On Wednesday our current Brain Tennis debate comes to a close
>>(deadlocked or resolved?). Echo's Stacy Horn praises virtual
> [...]

Jennifer Brasher            `` `  ` `   EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Art Librarian                  ``  `  ` VOICE: +61 (07) 3875 3132
                                  `  ` `FAX: +61 (07) 3875 3133
SNAIL MAIL                           ` ` `  `
Queensland College of Art Library       ` ` ` `  *
Griffith University                        ```````  *

Clearview Terrace                             ``*` *
Morningside Campus                                 *
PO Box 84 Morningside Brisbane Queensland 4170 Australia
"As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination.
When  it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular."
Oscar Wilde " The Critic as Artist. Pt ii."