Amazing!!  I understand many folk press flowers,  but MICE? (or was it a
rat?)  Horrifying tale!  But fun to read.  Thanks  C

>>> Jennifer Brasher <[log in to unmask]> 09/12/96 05:05pm >>>
Yesterday we topped our record of unusual returns. A squashed
banana between the leaves  was previous prize winner, now to be
transcended by a badly decomposed flattened mouse/rodent/furry
beasty in a book on Japanese art and handicrafts, returned through the
book shute smelling to high heaven! The recipient, one of our staff,
assumed the source of the odour must have been vegetable at first but
opening the book up discerned the clear mouse silhouette, little back
paws and tail splayed - this mouse was in the wrong place at the wrong
time, but we're still wondering why the person returning the book didn't
notice the pungent odour! Another library tall tale ( tail)! There's more-
Trent our stalwart clerk went outside to dipose of the carcass, and for
his efforts received a severe peck on the ear from an offended ( or
hungry) magpie,( black and white bird interested in carrion, and also
currently nesting and aggressive) which drew lots of blood!
Library work can be stimulating and dangerous!

Jennifer Brasher            `` `  ` `   EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Art Librarian                  ``  `  ` VOICE: +61 (07) 3875 3132
                                  `  ` `FAX: +61 (07) 3875 3133
SNAIL MAIL                           ` ` `  `
Queensland College of Art Library       ` ` ` `  *
Griffith University                        ```````  *

Clearview Terrace                             ``*` *
Morningside Campus                                 *
PO Box 84 Morningside Brisbane Queensland 4170 Australia
"As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its
fascination.
When  it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular."
Oscar Wilde " The Critic as Artist. Pt ii."