APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING
Please see end of message for response details.
*************************************
Leaders who choose to continue to learn about the leadership process are
leaders who excel in helping their organizations meet the challenges of
present and future.  ARL/OMS has long been a leader in conducting learning
events through which participants can focus on individual and
organizational leadership issues.  The most powerful vehicle we have
created to facilitate this learning process is the Library Management
Skills Institute series.

We invite you to attend our renowned Library Management Skills Institute II
in Washington D.C. November 4-8, 1996.

This Institute is a powerful learning experience during which
participants test new ideas and patterns of behavior while
addressing concepts and practices surrounding ever-present issues
 in our organizations such as organizational change,
team learning, creation of shared vision, empowering staff and
improving organizational communication.  The intensive five-day program
uses a simulated library workplace, in the framework of a
learning organization, to focus on the individual's ability to
have a positive influence on the overall performance of the
organization.  Emphasis is placed on the proficient
development of observation, diagnosis, and action-planning skills
so that participants become more effective in solving
organizational problems and are better able to fully recognize
organizational opportunities.

Note:  Attendance of Library Management Skills Institute I is not
a prerequisite for a successful learning experiencein this Institute.  If
you have
attended Library Management Skills Institute I, this Institute is
a natural follow-up.  Having already focused on the individual
manager, you will now expand focus to the larger organization and
potential leadership roles and the skills to assume those roles.

Registration Fee:  ARL Members:  $695       Nonmembers:  $745

TO REGISTER, CONTACT:
Christine Seebold
Training Program Assistant
Office of Management Services
Association of Research Libraries
21 Dupont Circle, N.W.   Suite 800
Washington, D.C.   20036
     Phone: (202) 296-8656
     FAX:   (202) 872-0884
     Email: [log in to unmask]

For more information on the ARL Programs, please refer to our award-winning
ARL Web Site Home Page at:  <URL:http://arl.cni.org>
More Training & Organizational Development Program specifics may be found
at:  <URL:http://arl.cni.org/training/basicOMS.html>