Yesterday we topped our record of unusual returns. A squashed banana
between the leaves  was previous prize winner, now to be transcended by a
badly decomposed flattened mouse/rodent/furry beasty in a book on Japanese
art and handicrafts, returned through the book shute smelling to high
heaven! The recipient, one of our staff, assumed the source of the odour
must have been vegetable at first but opening the book up discerned the
clear mouse silhouette, little back paws and tail splayed - this mouse was
in the wrong place at the wrong time, but we're still wondering why the
person returning the book didn't notice the pungent odour! Another library
tall tale ( tail)! There's more- Trent our stalwart clerk went outside to
dipose of the carcass, and for his efforts received a severe peck on the
ear from an offended ( or hungry) magpie,( black and white bird interested
in carrion, and also currently nesting and aggressive) which drew lots of
blood!
Library work can be stimulating and dangerous!

Jennifer Brasher            `` `  ` `   EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Art Librarian                  ``  `  ` VOICE: +61 (07) 3875 3132
                                  `  ` `FAX: +61 (07) 3875 3133
SNAIL MAIL                           ` ` `  `
Queensland College of Art Library       ` ` ` `  *
Griffith University                        ```````  *

Clearview Terrace                             ``*` *
Morningside Campus                                 *
PO Box 84 Morningside Brisbane Queensland 4170 Australia
"As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination.
When  it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular."
Oscar Wilde " The Critic as Artist. Pt ii."