Date:    Tue, 09 Jul 1996 12:41:56 -0400
From:    Katherine Poole <[log in to unmask]>
To:      Multiple recipients of list ARLIS-L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ALERT:Input on CONFU Guidelines for DIGITAL IMAGES

- ----------------------------Original message----------------------------
RE: EDUCATIONAL FAIR USE GUIDELINES FOR DIGITAL IMAGES

 --  UREGENT CALL FOR RESPONSE TO LATEST DRAFT by JULY 14!!  --

ARLIS/NA has been actively participating in the development of the CONFU
Educational Fair Use Guidelines for Digital Images through the contributions
of CONFU representative, Gregory P.J. Most, National Gallery of Art. The
Public Policy Committee has been grateful for some good input received
thus far from several interested individuals and this has been passed along
to Gregory.

This is the first chance for a general distribution, therefore, we are
posting this draft on ARLIS-L in order to solicit as broad a response as
possible from the ARLIS/NA membership, but particularly visual resources
professionals, within this very tight timeframe.  We urge you to review the
guidelines draft below and take this opportunity now to include your voice
on this critical issue.

The working group is meeting again on July 16 so we need your comments by
July 14 at the latest.  If you reply to the list we can all see the

Thanks,

Katherine Poole & Hinda Sklar
Co-Chairs, ARLIS/NA Public Policy Committee

Draft available at:
        URL http://alberti.mit.edu/caa/The_Profession/CEI/confu11.html

Katherine Poole
Rotch Visual Collections, M.I.T.