The college has finally acquired a new building to renovate for the library
and I am working with an architect on a building program and plans.  I have
several questions:

1.  Does any library use a video surveillance system or security mirrors or
do most libraries rely on exit systems such as Checkpoint or 3M Tattletape to
secure items?

2.  Would people give me the square footage of their library and/or the slide
library?  I am trying to have as much space devoted to these as possible but
other departments are eyeing the space as well.

3.  Anyone who has recently planned an elargement of a library facility.
 What were some of the things that you never thought of during the process
but only thought of after you moved into the new facility?

4.  Also how do people secure newsletters?

Please send responses to my e-mail address given below.  Thanks in advance
for the help.

Melissa McDonald
Head Librarian
Savannah College of Art and Design