I have had a longstanding complaint about Gordon and Breach prices for the
Visual Resources publication.  I know of one other library in Australia
that has just cancelled.

Perhaps we should all be taking a different tact and support more scholarly
e-publishing.  Below is the introduction to the first electronic issues of
CHArt.  URL= http://rubens.anu.edu.au/chart/

I am not aware of this is domain protected or not.

Joye

Computers & the History of Art:
Teaching, Images, Internet

Welcome to this, the first electronic issue of CHArt. I am guest editor for this
issue, the normal editor being John Sunderland in London.

In the next few weeks, a question-and-answer session with Jennifer Trant
(Manager, Imaging Initiative, Getty Art History Information Program) will be
added below.

Your comments on this experiment are solicited, as are suggestions for topics to
be included as electronic imaging "tutorials" on ArtServe. Please email me!

Michael Greenhalgh
Australian National University

Terry Allen: Virtual Image Libraries & Intellectual Property

Bob Duffy: The Shape of Things to Come: The Worldwide Web in Art History
Education

Bob Duffy's List of Resources Hot-Links

Rodney Hoinkes: The Architecture and Landscape of the Learning Web

Gerhard Jaritz: Everyday Life in the Middle Ages and Digital Image Analysis

Ben Kessler: Internet Tools in a Local Context: Favoring an Incremental
Approach to Image System Development

J Volker, Institute Librarian  |Telephone      +61 6 249 5800
Institute of the Arts          |Fax            +61 6 249 5722
Australian National University |Email          [log in to unmask]
GPO Box 804 ACT Australia 2601 |AusArts URL=http://www.anu.edu.au/ITA/AusArts/