        "Art Reference Services Quarterly" is quite alive with v.2, no.1
due to appear in early 1997.  The new focus of ARSQ will be visual resource
information on the WWW.  We hope this emphasis, while serving a very real
need, will also encourage more contributions and in turn a more timely
periodical.
         A continuing problem with ARSQ, and with the other art information
periodicals like Art Doc, is that the pool of contributors to draw upon  is
very small.    These people easily become overcommitted or 'burnt out'
because they contribute to many publication venues.    I'm hoping that
explication and review of the WWW will encourage new  writers to enter the
field and provide for us a substantial resource of value to arts
information providers.   Hopefully, Haworth Press, in turn, will provide a
more expeditious publishing schedule which, like advertising and
subscribing, is completely out of my hands.
        For more information about contributing, contact me, at the address
below.
        -- Ed Teague, Editor

Edward H. Teague, Architecture & Fine Arts Library, University of Florida,
P.O. Box 115800, Gainesville, FL 32611-1580.  Phone: 352-392-0222; Email: