Our library had a standing order for the multi-volume Hart Picture
archives, just about the best clip-art b/w collection around.  It ceased
sometime in the 80s, but our continuations people don't know if it was
picked up by another company or if subsequent vols were issued.  If anyone
has knowledge about this series, I'd be happy to know.  Info below.

Thanks

Lee

             TITLE: Hart picture archives. / Under the general editorship of
                      Harold H. Hart.

        PUBLICATION: New York : Hart Pub. Co., c1976-

              NOTES: Includes bibliographies and index.
              NOTES: Vols. 1-2 issued under title: The Picture reference file;
                      vols. [3]- issued without volume numbers.

Lee R. Sorensen, A.M., A.M.
Art Librarian and Bibliographer
Duke University Lilly Library
Box 90727
Durham, NC  27708-0727

Phone:  919/660-5994                 [log in to unmask]
FAX:    919/660-5999                 [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.lib.duke.edu/lilly/art.html

". . . but generally, I prefer the Quarter-pounder to the Big Mac."

--Julia Child