> I am looking for list-servs or newsgroups that may be read by
> artists internationally, and where a contest could be
> publicized.  This query is posted on behalf of a non-profit group
> that is trying raise awareness for Canada's participation in a
> forthcoming, major,international event.

        INTERPRETATION OF CANADIAN MAPLE LEAF

> Artists are sought, from some 40 countries, who would paint, draw,
> sketch, or computer generate their interpretation of a Canadian
> maple leaf.  There is no payment, but there will be exposure for
> the artist on a poster that will enjoy international
> distribution.
>
> The contest sponsors will provide a participating artist with a
> sample of a Canadian maple leaf in graphic format, and courier
> costs for shipping the interpretive artwork to Canada.
>
> The work must not be political, discriminatory, or sexual in any
> way.
>
> The deadline is very short, EARLY IN JULY.  All rights will be
> held by the non-profit group.
>
> Artists can be emerging, established, or students in art schools,
> for example students from the listed countries who may be studying in
> North American art schools are welcome.
>
> Interested artists should contact:
>       The Agency Group
        211 - 10 Avenue S.W. Calgary AB T2R 0A4, CANADA
>       FAX (403) 233-2232
>       e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
>
> Please feel free to distribute this message to appropriate
> list-servs, newsgroups, etc. directly, due to the short
> deadline, or to publicize it among artists at your institutions.
> However, I would appreciate it if you would let me know where you
> sent it, since I will also be searching for appropriate places
> to post the message.
>
> The countries from which artists are sought are: Argentina,
> Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belarus, Britain, Bulgaria, Canada,
> China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland,
> France, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Korea,
> Lebanon, Malaysia, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, Nicaragua,
> Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
> Russia, Slovak Republic, South Africa, Spain, Sweden,
> Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Ukraine, U.S.A., Uruguay,
> Venezuela.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Kathy Zimon                             Library, LT 918
Fine Arts Librarian & Curator           2500 University Drive N.W.
Canadian Architectural Archives         Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4
University of Calgary                   TEL: (403) 220-3795 FAX: 282-6837
                                        e-mail: [log in to unmask]