most recent issue of American Libraries is ALA's annual statistics on
periodical prices.  Data is analalyzed and presented in table form every
which way.  I believe it is limited to US periodical though, and does not
include annuals.  If I remeber correclty, the avg. increase projected for
art was in the neighborhood of 3%.

I also have in my file  a two
page "1996 Subscription Price Projection Update."  Like the data published
in American Libraries, it comes from Faxon, but this is brief, showing
typical overall price increases for both North American and European
subscriptions.  It estimates 13.1% increase for North American and 14.8%
for European.  The text lays out the assumptions on which the projections
are based.  It is dated 6/95.  It also says, for more info. to contact
Faxon -

The Faxon Company
15 Southwest Park
Westwood, MA 02090