Sherman Clarke asked me to expound on our classification system.  As I
said earlier, we are a special library, with an engineering floor and
an art floor (very few general books).  The decision to reclassify was
made to separate the two fields to make it easier for our students and
also in view of needed space in the engineering floor.
The project started with NH (artistic photography) from the TRs, then
NJ (TR5-2287 -technical photography)
NL (TS1-140, TS740-  and TT - craft, pottery)
NF (Z4-470 - design, typography, book making, etc.)
Some TPs are being reclassified as NKs.
In  general, the numbering system was kept, just the first two letters
were changed.
It seems to be working!
Elizabeth