My main task for the summer is to write a collection development policy
for our book library.  Any suggestions for resources on procedures for
doing this?

I have ordered some spec kits, and I imagine an assessment of the collection
will be the first priority.

This is an art college library of 5000 books on art history, craft history,
techniques, etc.  We need to increase our holdings to 10,000 in the next 4
years in order to meet NASAD accreditation requirements.  I know this is an
exciting project, but we do need specific guidelines for adding newly
published books as well as classic texts.  I would appreciate any help. Thanks
in advance,

Elizabeth Bilyeu
Oregon School of Arts and Crafts
8245 SW Barnes Rd