To the readers of ARLIS-L

Within my engagement in the German Association of "Art and Museums Libraries"
(Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Kunst- und Museumsbibliotheken (AKMB))" I'm preparing
a meeting to discuss the special problems of alphabetical cataloguing of art
and museums libraries. Within this context I'm interested in informations
about special rules
(i.e. adaption of general rules) for the special purposes of art and
museums' libraries.

I've read about some projects, especially in the UK, to unify the categories
in the
field of library and museum (for artists) and to complete the bibliographic