Friday, May 31, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Colleagues,
>Has anyone seen any specific data on recent rates of increase in the price
>of art/architecture library materials (monographs and/or serials), or
>projected rates of increase for the coming year?
>
>Yes, it's Budget Request Time, and I'd be very grateful for any information.
>
>                               Regards,
>                                  Alex

The Acquisitions Librarian here just sent me a photocopy of a chart which
listed book prices by LC Class for the 1994 and 1995 calendar years. In "N"
(Fine Arts), the price went from $44.36 in 1994 to $45.63 in 1995--a 2.86%
increase.

Sorry, but she couldn't recall the exact citation for the article, just
"<Publisher's Weekly> sometime in the last month or so".

I hope this is enough to put you on the right track.

Deborah Barlow, Branch Head
Emery A. Gunnin Architectural Library
Clemson University, Clemson, SC