Colleagues,

I have had a query about the posting schedule for arlis-l messages.  This
is it... I generally try to post the messages twice a day.  I post them
when I get them, but if someone sends something late in the Eastern
Daylight Time working day, it could conceivably get delayed until the
afternoon of the next day. I don't always forward mail on the weekends, but
if I happen to log in and see mail I will send it.  Occasionally there will
be a network problem that delays mail either going into or out of our node,
but this is rare.  I have been sick a couple of times when I was just too
sick to type and I have had a couple of instances when I was traveling and
had trouble with hotel room connections, but these two scenarios are also
rare.

 I generally post everything that is submitted.  There is very little
editing that takes place.  The things that don't get posted are commercial
ads, false subscribe messages (there are alot of them), requests for e-mail
addresses that I have and can reply to myself, and messages that are
obviously personal (for those I send a message to the originator of the
mail asking them if it were really meant for the list...a couple of
*really* embarrassing situations have been avoided).

Thanks,

Mary

Mary Molinaro
Associate Director of Libraries for Electronic Resources
University of Kentucky
216 A King South
Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0039