I am replying to the list on this question because I too would like
feedback concerning new serial titles -- at this time of year, we are
looking for new and exciting material for our students.
The only German (bilingual) title I am seriously considering is 2029
Magazin out of Hamburg -- it covers both Art & Design.
The other titles on my "yes" list are:
@ISSUE (corporate design), USA Boston.
ARTS AND THE ISLAMIC WORLD (Islamic Art), England.
BLIND SPOT (photography), USA New York.
BLU R (contemporary art, music, comics), USA Oregon.
CAMERAWORK (photography), USA San Francisco.
DESIGN GRAPHICS (digital publishing), Australia.
DESIGN DIFFUSION NEWS (interior design marketing management), Italy.
EMIGRE (typography), USA California.
EYE (graphic design), England.
NEW AMERICAN PAINTINGS (contemporary painting), USA
NOZONE (alternative comics), USA, New York.
PROCESSED WORLD (alternative), USA, California.
SOHO JOURNAL (an annual), USA, New York.
SPEAK (graphic design and "youth culture") USA San Francisco.
STEP BY STEP ELECTRONIC DESIGN (electronic design) USA
THINGS (writings on design history), England
VARIANT (culture-visual and performing arts), Scotland.
WORLD ARCHITECTURE (global architecture), England.
X (arts & culture), Mexico.
SHIFT (media/entertainment/technology), Toronto
POSSIBILITIES (literary), Ottawa
DANDELION (literary), Calgary

On my "maybe" list are
AXIS (design), Japan
ALTERNATIVE PHOTO REVIEW (alternative photographic processes), England.

I'm not sure how many of the aforementioned titles are "new" or just new
to us but I would appreciate positive or negative comments from those of
you who may already subscribe --- also, if you've come across any
wonderful new titles, I (for one) would find the information very useful.
Thanks.
Jill Patrick, Ontario College of Art
Toronto, Ontario Canada