While it is true that Keane and his wife did work on the paintings for
many years together (and it turned into a veritable industry at one point
making them quite rich) I believe that his wife's claims were more
substantial than he "worked on some of her paintings". I believe she said
that they were her paintings and he signed them and that this was agreed
upon by them in the beginning of their collaboration - I think because
they felt he had better name recognition at that juncture(?) - I don't
remember that part. Additonally I believe that she claimed that he didn't
have the training he had claimed he did - at any rate she got written off
as a "disgruntlyed ex-wife" but I suspect there is more there than meets
the eye!(No pun intended!)
Elizabeth O'Hara