Thanks to Stan and Lynn for their informative comments!

Sincerly, Janine O.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 14:15:00 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: dogs playing poker

I am familiar with the image and have two suggestions:

In Havlice C.M Coolidge is cited as painting "Poker Dogs" and an image is
available in Haddad's Fine Arts. "Reproductions: A Selective Illustrated
Collection of Fine Prints".  Buena Park, Calif: the Author, 1969.

I also saw a parody of this in the latest issue of "Interior Design",
their Market Issue v.67 no.6 on page 42.  It is an advertisement for
Spradling International Inc.

Best wishes,

Lynn Underwood
Art and Architecture Library
UCSD
I have been unable to locate an image of Dogs Playing Poker for a patron.
Does anyone know off hand where such an image is located, and who the
artist might be? I've got my black velvet painted fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Janine Odlevak                          Ph:  313.764.1303
Assistant Librarian                     FAX: 313.763.2322
Art & Architecture Library              email: [log in to unmask]
2000 Bonisteel Blvd.
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan  48109-2069