The Strategic Planning Task Force and I hope that by now you have all taken
the time to read the draft of the Strategic Plan which has been posted to
this list and published in the most recent issue of *Update*.

It was the topic of many discussions at the Conference, including an open
session.  At this point no changes have been made to the mission statement
or goals.  Some modifications, including deletions and additions, were made
to several action items as a result of those discussions and other comments
received by the Task Force and Executive Board.

One thing many people noted was the lack of an implementation schedule.
This is because the  Executive Board and the Task Force expect the members
who participate in the various divisions, sections, round tables, chapters,
and committees, to set the priorities, not the other way around.  This
document is very much the result of ideas and suggestions from the members,
and the timetable for doing them should likewise be set by the members.

AND, WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE STILL MORE INPUT FROM OUR MEMBERS, particularly
those who were unable to attend the annual conference!  [If you need a copy
of the Action Items alone, or the Strategic Plan as a whole, please contact
me.]

Please send me any comments you would like to make about the action items.
Has something important been omitted?  Are there changes you would like to
see made?

The Executive Board will make its final review and (hopefully) approve the
plan at its mid-year board meeting.  In order to incorporate all the
modifications and suggestions, I need to hear from you by FRIDAY, 14 JUNE
1996.

The final plan will most likely be published in the September issue of
*Update*.

Please email me ([log in to unmask]) or telephone (213-740-1958).  I look
forward to hearing from you!

Amy Ciccone
Chair
Strategic Planning Task Force