A member of our staff received a threatening letter today.  The letter was
correctly addressed, with full title, etc. -- a complete mailing label that
could have come from a vendor's or organization's address database or
directory.   The letter itself was computer-printed in the font "Ransom" (or
another font very similar to that one).  It evidently came from Derby, Great
Britain, but we're not positive that the postage marks are authentic.  Just
wondering if anyone else out there has been the object of similar harrasment
recently?  If so, please respond to me directly.  Thank you.
Claire Eike, Director                                 [log in to unmask]
John M. Flaxman Library
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash Avenue                                phone: 312-899-5097 (x2019)
Chicago, IL  60603                                    fax:   312-899-1465