Thank you for your responses to my query about art works made out of shredded
paper money.  As it turns out, the patron is interested in "products" as well
as art perse--so the earrings are a perfect example!  I am still interested
in the topic so please continue to forward cites, etc.

For anyone interested, I have a copy of an article, "Make Mine Macerated: A
History of Macerated Currency: 1874-1989" in Paper Pile Quarterly, Summer 199l,
20-23, which describes and illustrates items made from money pulp: busts,
plaques, shoes, bells, animal figures, etc., through the years.  I also found
on the Internet that the Chicago Historical Society has some of this kind of
object in its collection.  You can also order on the Web Christmas wreaths made
of shredded currency.

Ruth Thomas, Boston University