Dear Angela,

Sorry about the first message. It was send incompletly.

I'll life in Antwerp. I'll will look-up for you the real history.

As Belgian civilian, I'll be proud you are intrested in our history.
There are no much Americans interested in such a small country like
Belgium.

At this days Antwerp is Belgian's moust important port. But maybe you are
a little confussed, because we have been concorred be de Dutch
(Netherlands), the French (the time of Napoleon), the Spanish (by
marriage) etc... All these decennia's we'll have know foreing force in
out little country.

There is even a part of Franch wich was a part of Flanders. But we lose
the ware a little bit and a part of the our land was gone. At this days
they are still speaking of French Flanders (look to cities as Lille
(Rijsel in Flemisch)

Antwerp itself was a part of Brabant. Brabant covers a part of Belgium
(included Antwerp, Mechelen etc...) and a part of the Netherlands (Breda,
's Hertogenbosch etc...).

There was a time Belgium was not 1 country, but different regions. You
had Flanders, Brabant and Luik (LiŪge). This days it's once again divided
in a Flemisch part (Dutch speaking, or better Flemisch speaking) and a
French part (we call it Wallonie).

But to come back at your question. I'll will look up in our history books
for te year 1611, as you asked. I will see under what kind of foreign
force we were at that time.

So you hear still of me.

P.S. Will you excuse me for me bad English. I'll understand it quit good,
but me writing is not like Shakespeare's, but I'll believe you don't
expected, not ?