 From: NCC (National Coordinating Committee on Japanese Library Resources)

                      JAC Project Depository Library

  This is a follow-up to NCC's last announcement inviting applications for the
  depository library.

  a research library and three from museum libraries.  Each application
  was evaluated strictly on the basis of the seven criteria announced in the
  invitation.  As a result, we are pleased to announce that the Freer
  Gallery has been selected to become the JAC Project depository library.

  We would like to take this opportunity to thank the three other institutions
  for their well-documented applications which made this selection very
  competitive.  We will keep you informed about further developments on the
  project.

  Yasuko Matsudo, chair
  JAC Project
  Asia Library