The Doral is completely sold out for April 25, 26 and 27.  The first room
available (as of today) is for Sunday night April 28.

If anyone still has a room reservation they will not be using would you
please contact Lynell Morr at Virginia Commonwealth University
([log in to unmask]) and perhaps she can just change the room reservation
to her name?  The only reason I'm asking this is that otherwise when you
release the reservation it won't go back into the ARLIS/NA allotment
because the reservation deadline has passed.

I'll begin investigating room vacancies at nearby hotels on Monday if I
find that other people are having this problem, but, since today was the
advance registration deadline I'm hoping that everyone has their room
reservation in place.

For any and all of the curious, several of us were at the Doral this past
January and again last fall as part of the conference planning process, and
yes, it does have all the amenities that you would expect of a good hotel
(such as the hairdryer that Suzy Frechette asked about).

And weather.  I don't think I've mentioned the wonderful weather we've been
having - mid 70s and beautiful.  See you there.  ;-)

Anne

Anne Ross, Head
Fine Arts/Audio-Visual Depts.
Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System

Co-Chair, Local Arrangements - Miami Beach'96
ARLIS/NA and the New World / ARLIS/NA y el Nuevo Mundo