Please excuse the duplication -- posted to VRA and ARLIS lists.

Would anyone be able to tell me if in the early 17th century, was Antwerp
in Flanders and therefore Flemish, or in the Netherlands (Spanish) (and
still Flemish) or just know as the Netherlands? I'm cataloging a still
life of Clara Peeters dated 1611, and need to know to apply LC subject
headings.

The historical maps we have seem to be conspiring to "blob" everything
together ;-)

many thanks,
Angela
Angela Elkordy
Visual Materials Reference Librarian
The Sage Colleges, Albany Campus Library
140 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
(518) 445-1734)