EmbARK is very pretty, but for information value we are having great
success with filemaker Pro 3.0.  We have complete cataloguing records
linked to an authority database, to a subject heading database, to a
conservation record database, etc. adding thumbnail images in a year or
so. In this way, we do very complete item level records, easily searched
or sorted for reports. Why wait for EmbARK when fmp3.0 is quick to use
and so flexible. Remember, this is all going to be different in a year or
two. [all our finding aids will be sgml coded and on the web]

Julie Mellby
Assistant Curator
The Houghton Library
Harvard University