I am doing a report on digital images and the copyright implications of
using such images either on the Internet or for research.  Digital images
are also known as digital image processing, document imaging systems,
image processing--digital techniques as per LCSH.  I wonder if downloading
an image from the Internet involves having to cite who did the artwork or
where you downloaded it from?  What if an art student wants to exhibit
their work on our library's home page and can they copyright their work?

I have found a few articles from serials such as "Creative Review" and
"Information Today," but would like more current information.  Therefore,
I am writing to this discussion list to ask if anyone has done a report
on copyright issues for digital images, or are aware of books and
articles pertaining to this.  I would appreciate some titles and journal
numbers.  Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Dawna L. Rumball
Fine Arts Library