For those of you who will be attending the workshops on Saturday April 27
at the Kendall Campus of the Miami-Dade Community College I have a few
pieces of information I'd like to share:

(1) Yes, your registration fee does include a box lunch (regardless of
whether you registered for a half or whole day).  This is a (somewhat) new
wrinkle because

(2) We are asking the people who only signed up for Workshop IB (the
afternoon web page workshop) to get there a bit earlier than we had
originally anticpated.

Since we are fitting everyone from both workshops on one bus we need to get
the people from Workshop IB out there by lunchtime.  If you are reading
this and are only scheduled for IB (there are seven or eight of you) please
be at the loading area at 11:15 for a 11:30 departure time (our previous
departure time was noon).  I'll be getting the names of the people from
Susan Kruse at headquarters today and will try and get those names out as
soon as possible.

For those in IA or an all day workshop buses begin loading at 7:30am for a
8am SHARP departure.

Several of the speakers and moderators need to be back for a 4:30pm meeting
and we are debating how best to handle this (taxicab, etc.).  The workshops
are schedule to run until 4pm but if we cut lunch to 45 minutes and leave
at 3:45 the 4:30 meeting time could be met.

If you are scheduled for an all day workshop AND have to attend a committee
meeting beginning at 4:30 I'd appreciate your dropping me an email note so
I can get a better idea of what kinds of transportation issues we are
looking at.

Thanks much.

Ah yes.  If you are attending the web workshop please remember to bring a
formatted disc to take back your work.  In the original instructions I had
said "mac formatted".  It doesn't matter - the computers will save your
work as either ibm or mac - being that I'm a bit mac-inhibited I didn't
know that.  ;-)

Anne

--------

Anne Ross, Head
Fine Arts/Audio-Visual Depts.
Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System

Co-Chair, Local Arrangments
ARLIS/NA'96 - Miami Beach
ARLIS/NA and the New World / ARLIS/NA y el Nuevo Mundo