Hello All,

Excuse me if I'm covering old ground here, but I havn't even had a whiff of
email for the last fortnight as we are one librarian down, etc. My email is
living dangerously in terms of memory!

We're considering buying a few CD ROMs mentioned in the Visual Resources
Association Bulletin, such as Mapplethorpe, the Frick, etc.

What's your opinion about the usage value? Can you network them on a CD ROM
menu within the institution? Are they popular and why? Do you, can you,
lend them out of the library.

We're finding our multimedia station is not heavily used, but we only have
a few CD ROM products. Does usage step up with larger CD ROM image
collections which are promoted?

It seems still to be a cul de sac in terms of the inability for the user to
take something with them, ie. a copy of an image. Also the text does not
seem to be substantial, merely introductory, unless bibliographic
references are substantial.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ciao

Jennifer QCA

Jennifer Brasher                        EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Art Librarian                           VOICE: +61 (07) 3875 3132
                                        FAX: +61 (07) 3875 3133
SNAIL MAIL
Queensland College of Art Library
Griffith University
Clearview Terrace
Morningside Campus
PO Box 84 Morningside Brisbane Queensland 4170 Australia

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable one
depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw