Dear Deborah,

I am glad you have poised your faculty or staff question to the list - I
have been pondering the same question and wondering whether there
is information somewhere compiled on this topic.  At Pratt Institute
Librarians do have Faculty Rank and I think it is crucial for all the
reasons you have outlined in your orginal message.  Since this is my
first position in an academic institution I cannot comment on NOT having
faculty rank as a Librarian.  I will be interested to read other responses
and I think the topic would make an important survey if it has not already been
done.

Greta Earnest
Art and Architecture Librarian
Pratt Institute
(Please note, the internet addresses published for me in both the current
ARLIS/NA Membership Directory and the recent revisions published in
the recent Arlis Update are both incorrect.)