Hello,

     I'm hoping a fellow librarian or curator might be able to
help me identify a classification system.  Our architecture library
uses a classification system to arrange our architecture slide
collection.

     The system was set up a long, long time ago by someone
who's no longer with us.  I don't think it was a homemade
system; I suspect it was copied from someone else.  But,
in looking through the literature on slide classication
systems, I'm not able to recognize it.

    I'm hoping someone on this list might recognize the system
we're using.  What is the name of the system?  Where/by whom
was it developed?  When?  Who else/what other libraries
are using it?  And, what literature might be available on
the system (new schedules for, pros and cons of, software
for, etc.).

     Any given slide might have a call number that looks
like this:  A190.1-LONho

    The first letter is the main class (see list of main
classes below).  The following number is the sub-class.
After the dash is three letters in caps that represent
the location or designer (in the example above, LON is for
London) and then two lowercase letters for the title.

    The main class scheme is: