Date:    Fri, 22 Mar 96 13:45 PST
To:      [log in to unmask]
From:    Alfred Willis                        <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Need to Identify French Drapery Prints

I wonder if someone could assist me in identifying an item in my
library without a proper title page.

It is a suite of 50 engravings of designs for drapery (beds and window
treatments) in the Empire style.  It has a half-title reading:
5eme cahier / Osmont editeur de dessins / rue des Blancs manteaux /
no. 13 / a Paris /depose a la Direc-on.

The printed sheets are oblong, and the book bound measures 21 cm high
by 27 cm wide.  The plates are mostly printed upright on the oblong sheets,
and the plate marks measure typically 19.5 cm high by 15.6 cm wide.
Some sheets bear images printed from larger plates.

The copy in hand has been gorgeously hand colored in primary blue, red,
and yellow as well as some pastel tints.  There is a little gilding.

I would like to know if an author for this volume can be identified,
also date and title.  Otherwise, I would appreciate hearing of the
whereabouts of other suites of decorative engravings printed by
Osmont of Paris.

Please respond directly to me, not to the list.

Many thanks,

Alfred Willis
Arts Library, UCLA