>A cry for help from the library at The Academy of Fine Arts in Oslo!
>
>Has anyone got an idea as to how and where one can locate the
>following artist videos:
>
>BRAKHAGE: Dod Star Man
>WILL HINDLE: Chinese firedrill
>CAROLE SCHNEEMAN: Fuses
>ANDY WARHOL: Blue movie
>PAUL MORRISSEY : Flesh
>PHIL MAKANNA: The empire of things
>JAMES WHITNEY: Lapis
>
>The list is longer, but I hope the above titles will give a general
>idea of what we are looking for.
>
>We would be most grateful for names and addresses of suppliers as we
>are in the prosess of building up a small collection of artist
>videos.
>
>We also wonder if it is at all possible to borrow such videos via
>inter library loans?
>
>Any suggestions will be gratefully received
>
>Torill Weigaard
>
>You might want to contact:

The Video Data Bank
Mindy Faber, Associate Director
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
112 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago IL 60603
USA

312.345.3550
312.541.8073 fax
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

They have a variety of video materials including artist interviews,
performance art, video art, and several topical series, such as _Video
against AIDS-, and _What Does she want?_ (a series about woemn video
artists).  They have a sales program and rental program.  Hope this helps.

Roland C. Hansen
Readers' Services Librarian
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Flaxman Library