Hi everyone,

Because of some mysterious blockage out in the ether I've been cut off from
ARLIS-L for months (it's like having your life-support system switched off),
but I'm now receiving the ARLIS-L Digest thanks to Mary Molinaro. May I
offer a quick update on Art Libraries Journal?.

Andras Riedlmayer's paper, recently posted on ARLIS-L, will appear, with
other IFLA papers from that session of the Istanbul conference, in Art
Libraries Journal in May, vol. 21 no. 2. The papers from the 'Libraries of
the future' session organised by the IFLA Section of Art Libraries at the
same conference have just appeared in vol. 21 no. 1.

Vol. 20 no. 4 was a special - a very special - issue devoted to art
libraries in South Africa. Later this year there will be special issues
devoted to art libraries and art librarianship in French Canada, and to art
libraries and art librarianship in the 'new' Germany.

I will be continuing as Editor until the end of 1997, when I will be
succeeded by Gillian Varley (the current chair of ARLIS/UK&Ireland).

Enquiries concerning subscriptions, back numbers, advertising, etc, can now
be sent by e-mail to Sonia French:  [log in to unmask]

Philip Pacey