Hi ARLIS!

I miss all of you immensely after the conference in Pittsburgh, so naturally I’m writing an email to crowdsource some info.

Our Fine Arts Library used to have a Special Collections room, and it was closed many years ago. We are thinking about reassessing and reimagining the space it was once in, and I’m looking to you all to see if you have Special Collections rooms in your libraries that you think are well set up. Our Special Collections (not officially designated as such) are mostly of the “medium rare” variety and includes a collection of artists’ books (a couple hundred and growing). We are looking to relocate our artists’ books to this area and are also thinking about moving items from “fragile” (renamed “limited use”) down there as well to make room in our oversized stacks. I’m thinking about some simple furniture for small groups of students, like a table for spreading materials out, but I really don’t want to reinvent any wheels. Hence reaching out now!

If you have ideas for this type of thing or just want to share images of your space, could you please respond off list to my email? [log in to unmask].

Many MANY thanks!

Courtney