The University of Utah’s Marriott Library has recently added a number of sewing machines, sergers, mannequins, and other soft-goods creation resources to our maker space, ProtoSpace. We are now looking for ideas of how to gather and provide access to pattern-making resources for our patrons. We have many books on pattern-making. So, I’m particularly interested in any recommendations for your favorite websites/databases to search for patterns.

And I’m wondering if anyone has developed a method for downloading and printing patterns at scale, saving and sharing physical patterns, etc.; A “Pattern Library” of some kind.

Thank you in advance!

Greg Hatch
Head of Creativity & Innovation
J. Willard Marriott Library