Dear ARLIS/NA Community,

Within ARLIS/NA, constituent groups play a vital role in connecting and building a vibrant community. If you are currently leading any of our chapters, committees, divisions, sections, and special interest groups (SIGs), we would like to express our gratitude to you.

As we approach our constituent group meetings, many of our Divisions, Sections, and SIGs will be looking for new leaders for the governance year 2024-25. We want to give you a general overview of the process for appointing ARLIS/NA leaders to these groups.

Divisions/Sections/SIGs (DSS)

Each Division, Section, and SIG elects a moderator/coordinator and, optionally, a vice-moderator at the annual business meeting. Then, they report their new leadership to the Executive Board through their liaison (Vice President/President-Elect). Annual business meetings are held online, so you do not have to attend the conference to volunteer for one of these roles.

Moderating divisions and sections or coordinating a SIG can be a less time-intensive way to actively engage in the Society's work. It can be an excellent opportunity for someone who has yet to hold a leadership position in ARLIS/NA. You can find more details in The Policy Manual.

We also have a couple of programs to help new constituent group leaders better understand the resources and tools ARLIS/NA has available to help support you in these roles and learn more about new strategic goals

We hope you'll consider taking on one of these leadership roles–and help shape the future of ARLIS/NA! Please be in touch if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Melanie
ARLIS/NA Vice President

Melanie E. Emerson
Dean of the Library + Special Collections
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash |  Chicago, IL 60603
[log in to unmask] | p: 312.629.9379

I use she/her pronouns. Please tell me yours.