SHARE WITH US YOUR BURNING DESIGN LIBRARY CAREER QUESTIONS!

At the annual conference in Pittsburgh, ArLiSNAP will be hosting a workshop!

SNAP Your Way to Success: Career Development Workshop

We need YOU to help us develop questions to ask of our seasoned Design Library professionals. Please submit your questions any time before April 3rd, and hopefully our expert panel can answer those questions!

Details for the workshop:

Snap Your Way to Success: Career Development Workshop
Thursday, April 4th
8:45 EDT to 10:45
Welk Room

Art Library Students and New ARLIS Professionals (ArLiSNAP) continues our successful tradition of sponsoring an open forum panel discussion and CV workshop for students and new art & architecture library professionals. The goal of this workshop is to provide emerging art and architecture librarians with the opportunity to ask concrete questions and receive resume critiques that will directly help them to confidently apply for their first jobs. Students and new professionals are invited to bring their questions to our panel of four experienced professionals, with a moderator prompting additional relevant questions. Panelists with hiring and managerial experience will offer the benefit of varied experiences working in both academic and museum libraries in the US and Canada.

Following the hour-long panel, we will provide workshop participants with the opportunity to receive individualized feedback on their resume/CV. Small groups will be led by our career advice panelists, who will offer constructive criticism and facilitate discussion about each resume while providing the opportunity for attendees to receive advice from their peers in turn. Attendees must bring their current CVs and resumes for constructive feedback from both peers attending and a seasoned art library or museum professional. This will be a unique learning opportunity for new professionals and students to gain insight from a practiced professional and trade job-hunting and career tips and tricks with their peers.

Workshop attendees will also be provided with supplemental materials to introduce vocabulary and framework for publishing, reviewing, and other professional development processes they may come across in their future careers.

Submit your questions to [log in to unmask]

Submitted Respectfully on behalf of the Conference Planning Committee and the ArLiSNAP Co-Moderators

Katie Edmiston

Devin Selby

Erin Carney

Sara Mautino

SARA MAUTINO, MSLIS

Assistant Professor

Librarian

(she/her)

Chair ARLIS/NA Central Plains

Co-Moderator ArLiSNAP

Oklahoma State University School of Architecture

160 Donald W. Reynolds Architecture Building

Stillwater, OK 74078

405-744-6034 | bit.ly/ARCHLIB

~~ My working hours may not be your working hours. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your working hours. ~~