Hello, fellow ARLISians,

*We are looking for 2-4 people to join our new Leadership Development
Committee! *Why do we need a Leadership Development Committee? Glad you
asked. :)

*The Leadership Development Committee helps search for qualified candidates
for open Executive Board positions. *You may think this happens with little
effort, but you would be sadly mistaken. All ARLIS/NA people are busy, and
we help make a case for why someone may want to donate even more of their
time to ARLIS/NA.

*We also nurture leadership potential within ARLIS/NA by mapping our gaps
and creating avenues to enhance members' leadership competencies. *Through
learning, we strive to forge a more robust, diverse, and interconnected
community, setting the stage for an inclusive and thriving leadership
environment.

*Do you think of yourself as someone who enjoys strategic thinking,
collaboration, and communicating with others? *Then you are perfect for
this committee!

*Joining the Leadership Development Committee will help grow the leader in
you! *As a newly created committee, we’re going to build out the future of
leadership in ARLIS/NA. If you want to help ARLIS/NA learn and grow, and
want to volunteer, here's your chance to help.

As this year's chair, I am happy to answer any questions.

Just email me if you are interested in volunteering!

Best,

Heather Slania

- - -

Heather Slania (she/her/hers)

Director of Library and Academic Support Services

Maryland Institute College of Art

MICA's Land Acknowledgement
<https://www.mica.edu/mica-dna/diversity-equity-inclusion-and-globalization/micas-land-acknowledgement/>

Living and working on the land of the Susquehannock People and the unceded
lands of the Piscataway and Nanticoke Peoples in Baltimore, Maryland.

Schedule a meeting with me: calendly.com/hslania

Schedule a research consultation with a librarian:
calendly.com/libraryresearchconsultations