Hello ARLIS!

A quick reminder that applications are still open for mentees & mentors for the national yearlong mentoring program! Please read on below for more information, as well as for the relevant links to apply!

Warmly,

Anna Boutin-Cooper

Chair, Mentoring Subcommittee

_____________​​​​​​​​​​

The ARLIS/NA Yearlong Career Mentoring Program is now recruiting mentors and mentees!

Our program begins with a virtual workshop shortly before the 2024 Pittsburgh conference and continues until the 2025 conference.  The program has matched dozens of art library professionals in successful mentoring relationships and contributes to the wonderful bonds we have with each other for which the Society is known.

You will only need 1-2 hours a month to participate! You can develop your mentor/mentee relationship by Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, phone calls, or by email.

This year’s workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, March 27th at 3:00 pm ET / 12:00 pm PT and will take place virtually. You do not need to plan to attend the Annual Conference in order to participate.

Help Guide New Art Librarians: Serve as a Mentor!

“As a mentor, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I have really enjoyed getting to know my mentee and helping her navigate the job search.  I am extremely impressed with the program and have very much appreciated being a part of it.”- Traci Timmons (former mentor)

Great mentors have different levels of experiences, skills, and backgrounds. Have you been in a leadership role in your library or a professional organization such as ARLIS/NA? Have you led a project or other endeavor? Do you want to help someone else succeed and develop their full potential? Do you want to learn about new trends and what other libraries do? Then you would make a great mentor!

If you have interest in being a mentor but not sure what to do? We will help you! The workshop focuses on the mentoring relationship for both mentors and mentees. Everyone benefits from new experiences and the members of the Mentoring Subcommittee will provide you with guidance, coaching, and support throughout the program.

To become a mentor please fill out the form at: https://forms.gle/PkrX9aMthzzzno7e7

Are You New to Art Librarianship or Looking for Guidance? Apply to be a Mentee!

We’re looking for art librarians interested in building their skills for leadership roles (from project management to department management and everything in between) by working with mentors with leadership experience. You will cultivate a professional relationship with your mentor and mutually share your experiences with knowledgeable librarians to explore leadership. The program has matched dozens of art library professionals in successful mentoring relationships and mentors and mentees have raved about how beneficial the program was for them.

“I have gained a lot from the mentorship program and greatly benefited from the experience of having someone with an interest solely in my success without being a work connection and clearly free of ulterior motives. My mentor helps me put things in perspective.” – Delia Tash (former mentee)

Please fill out the mentee application at: https://forms.gle/Yq4etAXrHRCoEHh87

The deadline to apply to the ARLIS Mentoring Program for both mentors and mentees is Friday, March 8th by 11:59pm PT. The Mentoring Committee will be in touch with you regarding mentorship pairs by March 20th, 2024. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you would like to learn more about the program, or have questions, please contact the ARLIS/NA Mentoring Subcommittee Chair, Anna Boutin-Cooper at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Warm regards on behalf of the ARLIS/NA Mentoring Subcommittee,

Anna Boutin-Cooper, Chair

Jenna Dufour

Virginia Seymour

Elizabeth Shoemaker

Jason Speck

Anna Boutin-Cooper | AH-na BOO-tin KOO-per | she/her/hers
Research and Instruction Librarian
Ely Library | Westfield State University
[log in to unmask] | 413-572-5300 ext. 4763

Schedule a meeting with me<https://libcal.westfield.ma.edu/appointments/library?u=104168>