From: Melanie E Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 11:32 AM
Subject: Join an ARLIS/NA Committee
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear ARLIS/NA members,

We are seeking committee members for the governance year 2024-2025. Serving on a committee is a great way to connect with colleagues, learn how the Society works, and provide valuable service to your fellow ARLIS/NA members.  Many committees seek enthusiastic and engaged individuals and require no special experience. Whether you are new to ARLIS/NA or have been a member for many years, you can contribute to the Society's important work by serving on a committee.

The full list of committees is available here: https://www.arlisna.org/committees. You can also find contact information for committee chairs if you'd like to learn more about a particular committee. Chairs can also provide information about expected competencies and time commitments.

Please complete this form to indicate your interest in serving on a committee.

Applications are rolling. Don’t hesitate to apply if you want to be involved with any committees.
If you have any general questions, please get in touch with me at [log in to unmask].

Committee Appointment Process Overview

  • The Vice President puts out a call for chairs for committees with chair vacancies. Completed
  • At the January or February Executive Board meeting, the board will vote on a slate of committee chairs proposed by the Vice-President. The VP will get in touch with everyone who applies. Completed
  • The Vice President will post a general call to solicit members to serve on committees and subcommittees.
  • Incoming committee chairs, in consultation with outgoing committee chairs or continuing chairs as appropriate, will select new members for their committeeCommittee chairs will ascertain which committee members are eligible and willing to serve again.
  • Committee members who are eligible for reappointment may bypass the recruitment process.
  • The ARLIS/NA governance year 2024-2025 commences with the annual conference in Pittsburgh. Many business meetings will be held online during the two weeks following the conference.

We do a broad call for committee leaders and committee members as an inclusive practice with the hope that it will diversify member involvement. We also encourage committee chairs and members to recruit new members.

Kind regards,
Melanie
ARLIS/NA Vice President

Melanie E. Emerson
Dean of the Library + Special Collections
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
37 S. Wabash |  Chicago, IL 60603
[log in to unmask] | p: 312.629.9379

I use she/her pronouns. Please tell me yours.